Saturday, May 19, 2012

Let the Adventures Begin!

  • School ends on May 30th. WOW! I will be a senior next year. It came so fast!
  • Trek on June 7-9th. I haven't been on a trek yet but I am getting really excited! I look forward to the trials and challenges to come; I hope to gain a feel for what the pioneers went through as they came to Utah.
  • Summer School: I am taking Government over the summer to get that out of the way for my senior year. Even though it means waking up early again for school, I really don't have a problem with it. It's a huge blessing, actually, to be able to get ahead in my credits.
  • Summer Job: It's time to get a job. Yep, my first job. I haven't decided where I would want to work yet, but a couple of my options are Target, Barnes & Noble, Macey's, and Shoe Carnival. There are a lot of possibilities! I need to start picking up those applications!
  • Senior Year: last year of high school!! My classes are sign language, ballroom technique (again), biotech, medical anatomy, advanced health science 3, seminary, photography, commercial art, sociology and computer tech. Hopefully I will make Ballroom Co. this year!
  • Baptism: On September 29 (most likely this day) I will be baptized and become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! As of today, there are 128 days left. I am so excited for my baptism! :') I think this is the best 18th birthday present EVER!
  • College: after high school I want to attend BYU. This is motivation to work really hard my senior year. I have a goal to graduate with a 4.0 GPA. It is really hard to get into BYU Provo when you live here in Utah. It isn't an advantage that my mom works there, but I do get half tuition to either BYU Provo or Idaho.
Life will take me where it will, but I know that Heavenly Father will always be there by my side. He will never abandon me and I am committed to live my life according to His will. I don't know where I will end up exactly... but I can plan and do my part to make choices for my future. I want to give my future family all that they deserve - I want to be my very best self. Life is waiting for me! Carpe diem!

Tomorrow night is the solar eclipse! I am so excited to go see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment