Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Shoes to Fill


Ballroom has been a big passion of mine for a few years now. I tried out for the high school's team every year and last year I made it to call-backs! My excitement abruptly stopped when I found out I didn't make the team this year... But I knew there had to be a reason. I really feel strongly that Heavenly Father has a different path for me. Even though I really wanted to make the team the Lord knew what I needed. One of my favorite Conference talks is by D. Todd Chritofferson and it's called "As Many As I Love, I Will Rebuke and Chasten". It has really helped me get through this trial.


Fast forward to now. I was listening to some music just a bit ago and it sparked some memories. Remembering my dance shoes just sitting in my closet, I decided to put them on. It may sound a bit silly but I started to cry... I miss dance much more than I let myself believe. It was a huge outlet for me. I don't let myself think about it too much for too long otherwise I just start to feel down. But I know that Heavenly Father needed me somewhere else. He needed me to go through this trial and I have learned so much from it! I just want you all to know that even if you get thrown down you can get back up again. It takes a lot of heart, and a lot of faith, but you will get there. Don't ever give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment