Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thoughts

So I have been thinking a lot lately... dangerous, I know! I have actually been thinking about some pretty serious things recently. What should I be doing to keep preparing for college? What more can I do to expand my knowledge of the Gospel in preparation for a mission? Should I do a summer semester of college before I go on a mission? Where should I be looking for jobs? Will I be able to finish my seminary make-up by the time seminary graduation comes? Do I do enough each day? How many opportunities did I miss to serve someone today? Does he ever think of me??
Okay, so that last one isn't very important. But it is still on my mind every day. I won't say who he is, but I will say that I wish things didn't go this direction. We haven't talked for some time and I miss being friends. But with the way things were going I didn't feel like we could remain friends. If he is reading this, I hope you know I feel awful for the way things ended and I want to apologize for it. 
Being different is a wonderful thing. It keeps the world exciting! But I think being TOO different can have its issues as well. This whole situation has been a struggle for me. Sometimes it takes a little extra strength to face the new day. I have been so overwhelmed with everything that may be involved with those questions. And it scares me. Where I am going? When will I get there? HOW will I get there? I suppose this is all a part of transitioning from adolescence into adulthood. What a bumpy ride it is! But the good news: I know I'm never alone. I can't believe it has been over a month since I was baptized! I could feel the Spirit before, but this... it's just indescribable. Indescribable joy and comfort. I couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment