Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Relationships

Relationships... everyone has em. Good ones, bad ones, close ones, painful ones, strong ones, etc. I think Heavenly Father is trying to show me which ones I need to hold onto and the ones I should let go. It's really hard to let go of someone you love dearly. We all know that. But you don't truly realize just how hard it can be until you have gone through it yourself. Everyone's situation is different but I know what it's like to have to tell yourself that you must give up special feelings for someone when the circumstances just aren't meant to work out the way you want. It is also hard to let go of friends. What I mean by "let go" in this situation is to accept the fact that your best friend is moving a few states away and you know that you won't be nearly as close to them after they leave.  It just sucks when you have to endure something like this and there is no way to change it. I just have to accept it. I have already lost one of the best friends I have ever had earlier this year. And now it's time to say goodbye to another one. At least I can still talk to this one but she will be several states away. I don't think I have ever told her this but I am so glad she's my friend. She is such a great person! I can always count on her to be there for me if I need anything. Our crazy ideas and silly jokes are seriously hilarious. It's a shame that people don't hear our conversations... too great to miss. Then again, maybe it is a good thing because they probably wouldn't make sense at all. But, ya know, that's how we roll.
Satan is going to try to attack me with everything he's got these next few months. He does NOT want me to be baptized. I will prove to him that I will follow my God, and only my God. He loves me because I am His daughter. I know I have to go through hard things in my life... I would never progress if everything was easy. I suspect these trials are also a test of my faith. No matter what happens in these next few months I am dedicated to becoming a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I haven't waited all these years for nothing! I know it is not going to be easy to get to that point but I am willing to do what I need to in order to make the right choice. I can't thank my ward and friends enough for all of the many times you have picked me back up and gave me the strength I was so desperately praying for. I sincerely believe that all of you are angels sent to me from Heaven. I love you all so much! I know that God answers our prayers and He will never abandon us. Heavenly Father does not break his promises. If we live our lives according to His gospel we will find true happiness. I will never be able to repay Him for everything He has done for me.
I know that my life won't be perfect or easy after I am baptized, but I know that I will be even happier. I will have even more help from the Holy Ghost and I can't wait to experience it! Just 69 days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment