Sunday, August 26, 2012

Big Changes

My life is quickly moving along! When I was little I thought high school was forever away... and now that it's here... it's almost over! I only have a few months left but I am excited for my senior year :) I have already made some new friends and I am enjoying most of my classes. 

Most of you, if not all, know that my baptism is coming up quickly! In fact, it's less than a month away! Yesterday I went up to the Provo Temple with two lovely ladies in my ward to take some pictures for the invitations. It's starting to sink in that this is real and it's really going to happen! Here is a small preview of some of the photos we took yesterday.

Speaking of big events... the Brigham City Temple will be dedicated just after my baptism! I can't wait to experience this. What a perfect way to spend the Sunday after I am confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 
I experienced a really touching tender mercy today. A couple weeks ago I had chosen a potential date for my baptism at the end of September, but I soon learned that my dad would be out of town that day. There wasn't a way he could change the trip but I need him at my baptism. He wanted me to wait until I was officially 18 to do this, but because of the circumstances, we had to change the date. My dad allowed me to change the date to a day that is before my actual birthday. The day that we agreed on is before the Brigham City Temple dedication - and the previous date would have been just after it. I just learned today when the temple is going to be dedicated and we picked the date a little over a week ago. There is a reason everything worked out the way it did so that my baptism would allow me to attend this dedication! 

"The Lord’s tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ. Truly, the Lord suits “his mercies according to the conditions of the children of men” (D&C 46:15)." -David A. Bednar

No comments:

Post a Comment