Sunday, September 9, 2012

grat·i·tude (n) a feeling of thankfulness or appreciation

Life is wonderful! I feel so happy and peaceful.
Heavenly Father has blessed me with such amazing sister missionaries. Sister Rief and Sister Sweeny have the best personalities! They really know how to make me feel loved and they are so eager to help everyone they can in whatever way they can. I have been meeting with them to "review" the lessons I was taught a few years ago with the elders. We just have one lesson left and then I can be interviewed! I can't believe it is almost here. There is absolutely no way I would have been able to wait this out this long by myself. I know Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live and that they are aware of me. They know each of us individually, as choice sons and daughters. Blessings and answers to prayer are often given to us by the people in our lives acting as the Lord's agent. I can't even begin to list the many people who have helped me along my journey. My ward is a big part of my life! I would never be where I am today without them.

I want you all to know that you really do have a big influence on those around you. It is up to you to decide what kind of influence it will be. Don't be afraid of what other people think about you! People do scary things just to "fit in". It isn't worth wasting your life away and pretending you are someone, or something, else. You will stand out when you treat people with respect and strive to be a force for good! 

At BYU Education Week this year one of  the speakers gave us a challenge to keep a gratitude journal. She asked us to write in it every day and list 5 things we were thankful for that day. It has really made a huge impact on my life! I seem to be a lot happier and it really opens your eyes to how blessed you are. We all experience different things but everyone - no matter who you are - can find something to be grateful for. God is aware of you. He wants you to be happy! And he wants us to treat each other with love and respect. I am excited to see many of you soon on my baptism day! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment