Sunday, September 9, 2012

24 Posts

I decided to try something today :) I want to do something similar to my friend Alissa who did the "24 Letters" challenge where she wrote a letter to a new person every day. Instead of this being letters to people I want to write 24 blog posts about individuals who have really touched my heart. Now, there are easily over 24 people, but I will pick them randomly. And today I wanted to start off with someone that I miss dearly. This one will be a little different than the others.

#1: Jeremy Peterson
Jeremy was such a sweet person! I know that many of us miss him... but it brings me comfort to know that we will see him again. I remember walking into my tech class in 9th grade and always seeing him joke around with his friends. Don't let his height fool you, he sure had a lively personality! I really admired Jeremy for his dedication to things. You could just tell he was passionate about the things he did. Last year (his junior year) Jeremy was on Mountain View's ballroom company. Everyone grew to love him and I know the team members missed him dearly when he transferred schools. I don't know if he realized just how many people truly loved him... I wish I could tell him. This is so hard for me to write... I miss my friend.
Jeremy, you touched so many lives while you were here. I was sitting on the dance room floor when I found out what had happened... I remember feeling so heartbroken, so sad. School was really hard that day. So many of us were grieving over the loss of a much-loved friend. I think of you often. I now realize how fragile life is. I wish we could all give you a big hug right now, but we will soon meet again. Your family and friends miss you. Whenever I hear or sing "God Be With You Till We Meet Again" I think of you. I struggle to sing the entire hymn but it brings me comfort. You have a work to do now where you are. We love and miss you, Jeremy. God be with you till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment